Missing Home
Lately, I've been missing home a bit. I guess it's just that time for me. We've been overseas now for about 10 months, and recently I've just found myself missing some of the great things about home. I miss hanging out with my Mom a lot. We talk every week and that's great, she was even here for a visit, but still- I miss sitting on her couch just gabbing, talking about the Mavericks, talking about the Father, life, whatever. Just miss the intimacy, the relationship. I miss hanging out in bookstores. Sitting in those big comfy chairs in Barnes and Noble, drinking a coffee, just reading, hanging out. I miss going to the comic shop on Wednesdays. I miss going to the movies, watching American tv. Of course I miss my church, and all the friends and fellowship there. I miss the love and warmth, singing, being with others, etc. I miss driving in my car, listening to my music. I miss listening to talk radio. Of course, I miss watching my Mavs, as they are having their best season ever. I miss reading the newspaper. I hate to say this, but I miss mowing the lawn even. I miss my dog...even though I know he's gone now...still. I'll try not to go too much into the food I miss but...man, I could really go for a Chicken Burrito at Don Jose's. With those awesome potatoes they make? Chips and salsa? Sweet tea? Ahhh, man...I gotta stop writing this. China is great, and we love it here. It has it's struggles too. But, America is my home...and my flesh will always feel more comfortable there. And recently, well...I guess my flesh has just been hungering for some of those comforts. Anyways...when you're eating burritos and watching the Mavs win the NBA Finals this year...remember me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home