Grrrr.....
I hate our webhost. I promise tomorrow I am going to move our entire site to some other host, because the company we've used has given me nothing but headaches for the past six months. I'm not completely net-savvy, but I know a thing or two. Enough to do what needs to be done anyway. But, this webhost- nothing makes sense with them. If I go to the Help section of the site, all the notes are just definitions, and endless circles pointing to meaningless, unhelpful dribble. Can't stand it. Jenny just spent two hours to add some pics and write a few paragraphs in her blog. Two hours of life gone waiting for pages and applets and other junk to load. Can't stand it. I promise. Tomorrow. I'm switching.
Bad Chinese day. Although we did great in our dictation, when we actually got to the lesson Jenny and I both hit a big wall. Neither one of us could read anything today for some reason. Our tones were terrible, and we couldn't tell one character from another. We both felt a bit frustrated after class, and sat around for 30 minutes or so talking about foods we miss. Tuna Steak at Houston's with garlic potatoes. Oh man! So, we settled for what pretends to be American cuisine in this city- KFC. Man, in the States we would never eat there. There was a lady that used to picket our KFC in Waxahachie, claiming they served roaches. Now, when we get really down and out missing home, where do we head? You know it man- we head for the Colonel's backyard. It's pretty close to what you find in the States, except for the green bean ice cream sundaes and stuff like that. Ah well, chalk it up to local character.
Oh yeah, so the guys came to fix the window tonight, bearing no tools whatsoever. They left and came back later with a screwdriver, but couldn't seem to find a use for it. So, they decided to take the window finally after much deliberation, and promised to come back later. This was at 5pm. Again, I'd note it's midnight now. Think they're coming tonight?
Currently Reading: I re-read all of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" Graphic Novel- my all time favorite comic of all time. I read it every year, and today it was just lying there beckoning. Back to Cross and the Switchblade tomorrow.
Song Currently Running Through My Head: Hmmm, wait- let me think. Oh yeah. "Born to Run" by the Boss, as in Springsteen, spud.

2 Comments:
Keep it up sweetie. I love reading about your life in China. And you are right. We wouldn't eat at KFC in Waxahachie on a bet. I've only been out to eat once this month--to Chipotle's. It was so worth it!
Love you, Mom
Hey Matt! I've been getting your e-mails and keep meaning to reply sometime, but I suck. The website looks great. I'll have to read through the blog. Gracie's picture look adorable -- she looks nothing like you! ;)
It's good to hear from you. I will write soon and include some pics of us and our latest adventures. Take care, buddy.
Post a Comment
<< Home