Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Well, looks like my long long day is finally coming to an end. I'm sitting in the terminal as I write, watching passengers disembark from the plane I hope to be on in about 20 minutes. Everything is shutting down here. I sat at Starbucks for almost 6 hours, but the folks there didn't give me a hard time at all. They were really sweet to me. I also had a great conversation with some folks at one of the snacks shops. Turns out they were all in The Family, so that was cool. I really needed those folks to help me cool down and chill out and remember what I love about this country. Some days are hard, and it's easy to get discouraged, but keeping a joyful heart actually does work. Repeatedly today I've had to turn my feelings over to the Big Man, and as always he takes care of me. So, I'm sweaty and tired; I've consumed more salt and caffeine than I possibly need, and I'm the last foreigner in the Shen Zhen airport tonight, but it looks like I'm actually gonna get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home